Many people prefer to buy gas space or water heaters when it comes to
All homeowners using gas heaters should keep in mind that these systems need to be looked after by qualified specialists. Improper usage of has heating systems may easily cause such terrible health problems as carbon monoxide poisoning. If someone of house’s inhabitants has such symptoms as shortness of breath, dizziness, headaches, chest pain or nausea, there is a chance of gas poisoning. In this case, immediately turn off a gas heater and seek a medical assistance.
To prevent such scenario it is important to make sure gas heaters are installed properly before starting to use them. Do not save money on a gas-heating specialist. An unsafe (i.e. unprofessionally installed) gas heater can cause a fire or severe pollution with poisoning fumes.
Gas Heaters: The Safety Rules
When buying a gas heater it is advised to pay attention to the following safety rules.
- Natural gas heaters cannot be used in enclosed spaces.
- They must be installed horizontally on a firm, smooth and stable ground or flooring, protected from wind and other weather conditions.
- Open-air gas heaters should be protected from direct sunlight. Do not store a fuel tank with natural gas in a basement or any unventilated areas.
- Use heaters only in well-ventilated areas;
- Do not install a gas heater near sinks, showers or swimming pools;
- If you feel the smell coming from the heater gas, immediately shut off the faucet and open all windows in a room.
- Repair and maintenance of gas heaters can only be provided by experts from the certified service centers. Gas heater should be inspected every 2 years by qualified specialists.
Provide Regular Check
Do not forget to check from time to time a house gas heater. The reasons for worry are the following:
- If it produces yellow/sooty flame;
- The pilot light goes with the “bang”;
- The heat produced by a gas system causes the walls’ discoloration;
- When a heater is on, the surrounded walls immediately become too hot to touch;
- Soot stains form around a heater.
If there are any of these signs were noticed, try to replace the old gas heater as soon as possible.
Replace the Old Gas Heater with a New One
Owners of timely replaced gas heaters enjoy a quieter