Information We Collect
We may collect information in several ways:
- Personal Information: When you visit our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, email address, and phone number.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect certain information when you visit our site, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the site.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Improve our website and tailor it to your needs.
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Communicate with you, including responding to your comments or questions.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy to:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- Comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may contain embedded content (such as videos, pictures, articles, etc.) originating from other websites. Interacting with this embedded content is akin to visiting the respective third-party website directly.
Please note that these third-party websites might gather data about you, employ cookies, integrate additional third-party tracking, and oversee your interaction with the embedded content, potentially tracking your engagement if you are logged into an account on that website. It is advised to review the privacy policies of these third-party websites to understand their data collection and tracking practices.
When users leave comments on our site, we collect the information displayed in the comment form, alongside the user’s IP address and browser details to assist in spam detection.
If you choose to upload images to our website, we recommend refraining from uploading images that contain embedded location data (EXIF GPS), as other visitors can download and extract location details from images on the site.
Should you leave a comment on our platform, you have the option to save your name, email address, and website in cookies for your convenience, preventing the need to re-enter your details when leaving another comment. These cookies have a lifespan of one year.
Upon visiting our login page, a temporary cookie will be established to ascertain if your browser accepts cookies, containing no personal data and deleted once your browser is closed.
When logging in, we also initiate several cookies to store your login details and screen preferences. Login cookies are retained for two days, and screen preference cookies last a year. If “Remember Me” is selected, your login persists for two weeks. Logging out of your account will remove the login cookies.
Editing or publishing an article results in an additional cookie being stored in your browser, which does not contain personal data and simply indicates the edited article's post ID, expiring after 24 hours.
In the event of a password reset request, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
Comments and their accompanying metadata are stored indefinitely to facilitate the recognition and approval of any subsequent comments, avoiding their placement in a moderation queue.
For users who register on our site (if applicable), the personal data furnished in their user profile is stored. All users have the ability to view, edit, or remove their personal data at any time, except for username alterations. Website administrators maintain the capability to view and modify this information.
Your Data Rights
If you own an account on this site or have left comments, you can request an exported file of the personal data we have concerning you, encompassing any data you have supplied to us. Additionally, we can proceed with the deletion of any personal data we possess about you, excluding data mandated for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Note that comments from visitors may be verified using an automated spam detection service.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers.